ecococoon stainless steel products and CocoonCap are fully compliant to the following safety standards:
- AS/NZS 4020:2005
- 24H AASS
- DGCCRF No. 2004/64 (chromium and nickel)
- Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004 (lead, chromium, nickel, copper, cobalt and antimony)
- FDA (American Food and Drug) food contact article test. In accordance with 21 CFR 175.300
- FDA Compliance Policy Guides 7117.06, 07 / A.O.A.C 16th Ed. (973.31)
- Bishenol A (BPA) content in accordance with the Act/Bill in Massachusetts, Maine, California, Maryland, Delaware, Oregon, Washington and Illinois, USA
The paint and clear coating that is used on the ecococoon bottles (and our cups) is a benign, lead free, non-toxic eco-friendly paint that is of food grade standard.
The CocoonCap is manufactured from Polypropylene (PP5) and is BPA free.
All ecococoon products are Australian designed and owned and made responsibly in China. This is because in Australia, stainless steel is extremely cost prohibitive compared to materials like aluminium or plastic. We maintain a close relationships with our suppliers and ensure they meet our very high standards for environmental impact and employment.
Statement released 8th February 2017:
Thank you to all our customers who have brought to our attention the recent concerns with lead in stainless steel drink bottles. ecococoon vacuum insulated drink bottles are constructed from high quality, 18/8 food-grade stainless steel and are lead safe and BPA-free so chemical leaching is not a concern.
ecococoon stainless steel bottles (including the cocoon cap™) and cups have been independently tested by certified laboratories to meet applicable food contact regulatory requirements from around the world and are fully compliant to these safety standards and regulations.
All ecococoon products are Australian designed and owned and made responsibly in China.